Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Bully (by Phil Smith aged 11 and 3 months).

The Bully


Here comes the bully six feet tall,
He treats me like a bowling ball,
Taking all my dinner money,
He seems to think its really funny,

He looks at me face to face,
I’d run away but he’d just chase,
He laughs and gives me a hard poke,
He really thinks it’s all a joke,

I realised that I had to tell,
I waited till the last school bell,
I told the teacher I felt really sad,
She said she knows he’s really bad,

She said that she would sort it out,
I felt so great I had to shout,
It’s taken all my fears away,
Now it’s time for them to pay,
The school is running a massive anti bullying campaign, and all the children in the school were invited to enter into a poem competition and the winning poem would become part of their anti bullying statement. Phil won it. I'm so immensly proud of him. It's even more poignant as both older boys have been victims of bullying fairly recently at the school. It's a sad part of life and I personally feel that the older we get the more bullies we come across in our own lives, especially at work, but even among our group of friends, there is always someone who can make another person feel downright terrible, it just takes a simple act or comment and it can devastate a person. Fortunately the older we get the easier it is to move on and away from it, but when you are a child and it's at school it's so much more difficult and I'm just glad that both my boys have managed to handle it well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home