Friday, August 04, 2006

Loves Young Dream

Just like old times Sally, Susannah and I met up today in the Bromley for a dose of group therapy i.e. gassing over umpteen cups of tea and coffee. Not so easy now the littluns are 2 but thankfully I had Daniel and Phil with me who were quite happy chasing them around.

I bumped into Susannah first outside the shopping centre and we did a brief detour into the Early Learning Centre to discuss what Olivia might want for her birthday. They have got the Thomas the Tank Engine train set set up in there on the table and both Olivia and Jack had great fun playing at that, though Jack was pushing Olivia away telling her to "go way". Yet when we got out of the shop, it was a different matter, they were holding hands and having a few smooches and I have the evidence to prove it!! (the second one is a bit out of focus unfortunately, it's difficult to get pictures of moving 2 year olds!!)


Both wondering what all the fuss is about!

Jack going in for a kiss but Olivia has already given him one and she's not up for anymore just yet!

Jack does like Olivia, alot, if you ask him if Olivia is his girlfriend he'll giggle really shyly, ask him if Jessica is his girlfriend and you get a very firm NO! I think it's because Olivia has never hit him, pushed him, screamed and given him headache etc, and so I guess Jack sees a kindred spirit in her. Jessica is a bit more unpredictable and she will hit him, and she screams, and he never quite knows what to make of her. Or maybe, it's just down to the plain and simple fact that "gentlemen do prefer blondes"!!! Pictures to show them when the are older. I think it's a shame we are moving now, it would have been nice to see if anything did come of Jack and Olivia, they make such a lovely couple don't you think?!!

Met up with Sally and Oscar who ended up being banished the the creche as he was running poor Sally (who is 16 weeks pregnant already OMG!!) ragged. I was tempted to put Jack in, he's no angel when we're out shopping either but having only had an operation earlier in the week I didn't want to leave him with lots of kids where he would get bumped etc.

We all hand lunch in Macdonalds, it's a massive exercise now, getting three buggies, including a double and 3 high chairs round a table and then getting everyone sat down, including two 11 year olds. Sally had to go shortly after we'd eaten and Susannah and I browsed the shops, I bought a couple of pressies for a couple of little girls who are about to turn 2 and then I made my way home. I was totally knackered, I felt like I had been up for about 3 days solid.

Early night tonight, we're of to Jemma's tomorrow for Jaya's 2nd birthday party. I'm going with Sally so got to get to hers for 10ish. It's that time of year again. Jack being an "intended" August baby has lots of friends with birthdays in August so it gets very busy. Unfortunatley we are missing Alfie's next week as we are of to Manchester to see my sister and have a look around the area we hope to move to early next year.

On another note, I have heard from work FINALLY. My career break has been extended to the end of the year whilst they try and find me employment, now obviously in Manchester. BUt they are being very unhelpful, I have got to do a new CV, go in for a career interview and basically find MYSELF a job. Words fail me at the crappiness of the Prison Service, I worked for the Lord Chancellor's department before now the Department for Constitutional Affairs and it was nowhere near as bad there, but it wasn't all that great either. The prison service took until Jack was 7 months old to send me my maternity pack, I should have got that when I told them I was pregnant!! There are no jobs at the moment, there is redundancy but I have to ask for it and that way they can get away with giving me a crap package, rather than it being compulsory and they give me a good one especially after 15 years employment. I'm a manager but looking at the skeleton of a CV they have sent me I'm quaking at the knees, it's a long time since I did one, 2 1/2 years since I worked and so if anyone out there knows there stuff about CVs, especially in they public service, please HELP!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger EG said...

Aww what a lovely couple! Olivia looks so grown up with her new hair do doesn't she! Pants re the work situation, I hope it gets sorted out soon.
E. x

Friday, August 04, 2006 2:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home