Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First Day At School

Today Jack started Pre School. He goes to Plumtrees which is at the catholic church in Biggin Hill. They start them at 2 and whilst they don't have to be dry you do have to be on hand to do their nappies if they have an "accident"! He will do two days a week, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Here is the big boy himself waiting outside for school to start.

He's got his little school shirt on which is age 3-4 so a tad on the big side, but it was the smallest size they did. He was very eager to go in, he kept dragging my hand not realising that it wasn't open just yet. I was chatting to another mum and all of a sudden he was gone, the door had opened and he'd been the first one in. Went inside to say goodbye but he was too busy drawing already, so just left him to it. I got home and literally as soon as I got through the door I had a phonecall to say he'd had a poo!!. I was having a candle and card party at my house so I had to leave all my guests and Jackie ran me up there and I only just got there before it ended up all over his shorts (hope no one is eating this and reading!!). Got back, and the heavens opened and Jackie had lit all the candles outside so they were quickly snuffed out and everyone complained the candles were too expensive anyway so Jackie decided not to even bother going through her spiel - which was a bit of an arse because there were a few hostess deals I was hoping to get. Still, I think those sort of parties work best at night, when everyone has had a good drink or two and don't mind handing over their flexible friend, so I'll have another one in mid August I think. So Jackie just continued with the cards and made quite a bit of money, so I'll get a 5% discount on everything I order which I'll do tomorrow because I was too busy making cups of tea and coffee and heating up mini pastries and danishes to have a proper look. Picked Jack up who was being held down in a chair as they have to learn to sit and wait for their mummies and daddies to come get them. Jack looked shattered, and I got a few funny comments about him not drinking properly from a cup, i.e. he drinks from a cup but the minute he moves with the cup it goes everywhere so he has to "revert" back to beaker. I'm sure he's not the only one there who has to have a beaker but I did get made to feel like he was in the minority. I know Jessica has a beaker there. Jack has a cup when he's sat in his chair having his tea, but I always use a beaker or a sports bottle when he's just playing about.

D&Ps sports day was cancelled because of the torrential downpours we were getting so quick trip into Bromley to get a birthday pressie for a little boy whose birthday party we are going to on Saturday (please Mr Sunshine have your hat on that day!!). The little boy is two and his name is Alfie and Jack was in Special Care with him. Little Aflie is a banker in waiting, he's obsessed with the bank and often discusses mortgages with his mum and dad. And yes you did read right - he is only 2!! I'm not surprised he's a good talker, he was always a bit of a hyper one in Special Care and had a good set of lungs, his alarms were constantly going of because he'd pulled tubes out etc, I was constantly nipping over if his mum and dad weren't there and putting them all back on. They'll be another boy there, Ross, who was also in Special Care who I have only seen once in 2 years, so it will be nice to catch up with him again. Alfie's big brother, Jake, was born at 24 weeks, and he would be 20 now, but I remember seeing him when he was 18 and you would NEVER have thought he was only a 1 1/2 pounds when he was born. Not only that he had no developments problems or anything, but you always think that it's only recently that premature babies have started to do so well, but even 20 years ago they knew their stuff, and Jake is testimony to that.

Parent and toddler group tomorrow, then childminding Jessica on Friday whilst her mum does the divorce stuff in court, party on Saturday. I just hope I 've nothing planned for sunday because I need to put my feet up!!

I leave you with a cracking picture Susannah sent me of Olivia at the birthday party in the ball pit. Susannah swears she's just having a fabulous time on the bouncy castle, personally, considering how quickly the wine disappeared, I think she's bladdered! I'll let you guys decided (P.S. That is a boy (Jensen) leaning over the ball pit, my mother made a massive faux pas and proclaimed "wonderful a little girl in a football kit!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home