Monday, July 03, 2006

I am SUCH a chicken

Took Jack for his check up at ENT this afternoon. And what a pollava that turned out to be!! On inspecting his ears the doctor immediately took us round to audiology for a pressure test on Jack's ears, came out flat lines, which basically means he not only has bad glue ear but it's affecting his hearing badly. Then back into consulting room for the conflab about what to do. The hospital policy is no tonsillectomy or adenoid removal before the age of 3 and even then the tonsils much be touching, appetite affected and therefore growth/weight, repeated waking at night, sleep apnoea and repeated infections. Jack fulfills the entire criteria, except age! So then we had another consultant in and someone from "policy" with paperwork talking about doing him in the next week or so but the risks involved are far too great because Jack falls on the 50th centile for his height, but barely the 9th for his weight, but, at the end of the day it was up to me and they were willing to do it but it was up to me and would be at "my" request. So I chickened out, I can't put Jack through that just yet, he's too little, he starts pre school this week and that would have gone out of the window as he won't be allowed to mix with other children in the run up to the op, he would then have had to have longer away from human contact after the op than usual because of his size and the impact the op will have had on his lickle body and not only that, the risk of an anaesthetic on a child so small with apnoea is riskier than if we waited til he was 3! And even more so, there are birthday parties to go to over the next month or so, and it sounds daft as an excuse but to be couped up indoors at this time of year when he should be out enjoying himself with all his friends is hardly fair on him. There is though a little ray of light, I have agreed for the grommets to be put in in the next couple of weeks, that is simple day surgery which obviously they won't do if the ears are infected but other than that it's a very easy procedure done under a local anaesthetic and he's in and out within a couple of hours. In the meantime to try and keep away infections, the doctors have put him on a long term anti biotic which he will take every night until such a time as they decide we cannot put of surgery any longer. We go back in 6 weeks time and the situation will be reviewed every 6 weeks, but they think that the op will be done in the next 3-6 months. It's also weird to think that Jack won't go on a waiting list as such, he's bad enough to side step it and will just get booked in as and when the consultants decide he can suffer no longer. I'm wondering now if I've made the right decision, maybe I should have got it over with, but I've been here before, and Daniel was so thin by the time he had the op when he was 3 1/2 that he immediately got an infection afterwards and was seriously ill so I'm not prepared to do that to Jack, need to beef him up a bit!

On another note, the ex has decided to audition for father of the year and take me to court over my taking the boys to manchester. Tosser tosser tosser tosser. Is all I've got to say at the moment

And to add, I received a dress I won on Ebay and it was appalling condition, and I mean appalling condition, two great bit huge crusty stains on the bottom and loads of snagging on the bottom, and it had been described as being in excellent condition. It came in a little ball, shoved in carrier bag and sellotaped into said ball and I paid about 400% mark up on the postage costs (paid £3.00 and it cost about 67p). So I complained, as you do, and after a week this was the response.

Firstly it Is Ok to complain about 1 thing or Part of Our Service But to basically Say that Everything is Unsatisfactory is Ridiculous!!! I took the photo for My Fiancee and know that the Dress was in Good Condition and would see NO!!! Reason to sell it as CRAP!!! so i CANNOT understand HOW! The Dress has Got Stained and Snagged in the Post!!! Not being Funny but is Sounds like you Should'nt have brought the item in the First place. If you want a Refund Please send the item back and We WILL Refund you. If however the state of the dress is nNOT the case Please Let me know!!

The message is a bit difficult to make head or tail of, and at no point did I use the word CRAP in my message. What you can make out from the message is that they are calling me a liar and the bloke likes the shift key on his keyboard. I just sent them a message back telling them not to be so damned rude, thank you very much, Alison. EBAY DOES MY BLOODY HEAD IN SOMETIMES!!


Alx

P.S. I didn't tell the seller that ebay does my bloody head in sometimes, just to clarify!!

1 Comments:

Blogger EG said...

Fingers crossed everything goes well for Jack! Poor lil mite really has been through the wars, ((((((Jack)))))) Re Ebay, as long as all your contact has been through 'Contact Seller' then you have nothing to worry about. They sound like a load of illiterate wankers.

Ess. x

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 3:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home