Sunday, June 11, 2006

Two Fat Ladies!!!

Yesterday was the school fete, usually held on a saturday but because of England playing a footie game or something it was moved to the Sunday. Jackie does Mini IQ parties, books for children of all ages and she decided to run a stall at the fete and I went along to help her. Here we are just before opening, rearing to go, trembling with excitement.................NOT. Perhaps the title two fat ladies is a bit extreme, but you can almost imagine us 20 years from now sat there, 3 stone heavier holding up our heaving bosoms!!

We sold.......wait for it......................1 cockin pickin book!!!!!! Jackie made £6.99. I guess it was just the wrong forum yesterday and far too hot to be stood around ordering books. Still, at least we both got a tan from sitting in the glorious sun for 4 hours! And I stunk the field out with the crayfish salad I had lovingly prepared earlier that morning!

Had a crap weekend on Ebay, sold a lot of Jack's summer clothes from last year, actually I rephrase that, I TRIED to sell a lot of Jack's summer clothes from last year, but I'm slowly learning that they just don't do well on Ebay and I guess everyone was out in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. Made just under £100, which may sound a lot, but when you take out listing, paypal, ebay final value fees etc it's not very much and less than I usually make.

I've realised now that if you want a bargain of Ebay that you either keep or sell on for a massive profit you need to go on at the ungodly hour of about 6, and if you want to do a post without any hitches on Blogger then you need to get up at 4 am and do it, as I have this morning!! It's so hot at the moment, Jack isn't sleeping well because his ears hurt him at night that I've not slept past 5.30 at all for about a week now. I'll probably sleep even worse next week worrying about the boys on their school trip in France, a week today we'll be making our way up to the school as the coach leaves at 5.45 - god I can't believe my boys are soooooo grown up now that they go on school trips to another country!! And in less than 3 weeks Jack officially leaves babydom and becomes a proper lickle boy. Still, it means I can do more of the things I want to do now, go out and not worry about whether Jack is getting a bottle when he should be, if his nappy needs changing etc. I finally threw the bottles away last week, they had been languishing in the back of the cupboard for months and I don't know why I clung onto them, with Daniel and Phil I chucked them all in the bin at 8 months and proclaimed them permanently on trainer cups!! I guess that was down to picking them up from the childminders at the end of a long day and being given all their bottles, unwashed not even rinsed out from the day and in Daniel's case all completely full because he wouldn't drink milk, then walking home and having to wash them all, get the teats sterilised and more bottles prepared before I could even think about cooking dinner, or, taking my coat of!!

Stephen got his consultation appointment through for the snip, October 31st!!! Bloody ridiculous it takes another 6-8 weeks after that for it to be done, so we're looking at just over 6 months from now. He's enquired about doing it private but it's not cheap so we just have to pray that the classic scenario that happens so many times doesn't happen to us - we end up pregnant whilst waiting for a vasectomy!! Going to a meeting thing about adoption on 25 July which should be interesting. I've had a few predictions suggest I'll be pregnant by then, mmmmm not if I can help it, even if it means a padlock!!!

Right, it's 5.15 so I'll go and do something else, like make the packed lunches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home