Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Birthday Party with Mrs Wescott In Waiting

I'm Loving - My little boy at the moment, he's being such a cutie
I'm Hating - The Great British Summer - what the hell is going on ?!!!
I'm Looking Forward To - Going to see my lickle sister and her family in Manchester this weekend.

Just a quick post to write about our day yesterday which was spent partying in Kelsey Park with Olivia celebrating her 2nd birthday. Thankfully, the downpours on Monday were a distant memory and the weather was glorious and the kids had a great time, running around playing football. Susannah's mum and brother were absolutely fab with the kids and spent most of the day running around after Jack and Olivia who were stuck to each other like glue for most of the party and even ended up with matching dirty faces!! There was Pimms and far too much chocolate cake for my weightwatching liking but I have to admit that this is the perfect way to celebrate a kids birthday if it falls in the summer and I've made a mental note to try the same myself next year. I know Sally is hopefully going to do Oscar's in Greenwich Park which I am REALLY looking forward to.

Was feeling quite unwell and ended up forgetting I had the camera until cake cutting time. Here is the birthday girl herself with mum and baby sis Lucia

Olivia has really got that hand on the hip, rolling eye pose down to a tee!!

Jack with his dirty face (he and Olivia found a mound of sandy dirty and couldn't resist!)

Do you think I should get his hair cut?

THE FOUR STAGES OF TODDLER MELTDOWN AS DEMONSTRATED BY ELIJAH AGE 2

1. Tell your mum you are not happy by swinging legs in kicking motion in her general direction and screaming

2. Refusing to listen to her reasoning with you by focussing on something boring instead and going all floppy in your mums arms!

3. Appealing to the better nature of another mummy, preferably one with a camera who can gain photographic evidence of your mistreatment

4. Show that all it took was a pink ball to keep you happy.



Jack and Jessica playing football. Jack had just kicked that ball by the way, he's a natural, and very fast on his feet too. He could be the next Wayne Rooney, and a much better looking version too!!!

Thanks Susannah for a fab afternoon!

Today we are of to see Fireman Sam at the Churchill Theatre in Bromley and there is a childrens tea party afterwards so should be fun and hopefully I will be allowed to take photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

You have to make sure Louise knows where your blog is - classic Elijah! Very funny. And NO! Don't cut his hair. He's gorgeous. You're becoming quite the official photographer and I'm loving the wit. Have fun with Fireman Sam - I saw that and wondered if Oscar would be interested but chickened out. Let me know how it goes

Sal x

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't cut his hair!!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos Al. Glad you enjoyed Olivia's party. I took Olivia to Fireman Sam on Monday & she loved it! She cried at the interval when Sam left the stage! Even Lucia woke up for a bit to see what was going on!
Have a great weekend.
xx

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home