Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hair Today - Gone Tomorrow (cheesey title I know!!)

I'm Loving - Salakis low fat Feta Cheese - I'm addicted to the stuff and eat it nearly every day

I'm Hating - my new buggy which I bought of Ebay, it gives me serious backache! Give me a maclaren any day!!

I'm looking forward to - Stephen going to Brighton to the TUC conference on saturday 9 September til Thursday 14th September and having the bed to myself (and Jack!).

Well, I've gone and done it, I've given Jack a hair cut. This morning when I was trying to brush it the ends of a couple of his curls were all matted, like a long haired cats fur goes, and so I bathed him, washed stig of the dump hair twice and then applied conditioner but I still couldn't brush it without him reaching for the phone about to dial Childline, so........out came the scissors and I cut about 2 inches of the back and shaped it round the sides.

Here he is this sunday at a pub in Downe





He he is this morning after his scissor possessed mother butchered him

His hair is still masses of curls at the back, which I have to admit to straigtening with a bit of serum before we went out this morning because it just looked silly. His dad is going to go mad and I don't blame him, whilst he was always being mistaken for a girl (despite his very male swagger - he's a right geezer!!) he did suit the longer hair. Tempted now to just nip him up to the hairdressers and get it all chopped of into a french crop (short at back and sides and spiky on top). His face looks chubbier now, he's lost some of his etherealness I think. Still a gorgoeus boy by any standards and he really couldn't go round with stig of the dump hair.

Really missing the big boys, though why anyone would miss two 11 year olds constantly fighting with each other is beyond me! People often ask me if they are close, because, well twins are always close aren't the? WRONG!! My two have been fighting since before they were born, I was on sleeping tablets when pregnant because the activity in my stomach at night was unbelievable and I had the stretch marks to prove it and on scans you could see legs darting out and kicking the other one in the head. Can't believe they start secondary school a week today, they are in Menorca with their dad at the moment and I've had to get school trousers etc without them here so I hope they all fit! It's difficult because they are so lanky so need belts with everything and Phil has shorter legs than Daniel and yet neither of them can be bothered to check trouser size when they get dressed in the morning, Daniel age 12, Phil age 11, so I've gone for all the same size this time and if necessary I'll stick up Phil's trouser leg with some masking tape every morning! They'll also need haircuts when they get back next monday, they had one before they went to my sisters but 2 weeks holiday in the sun and it will no doubt have grown especially Phil who has thick wavy hair like mine.

Less then 4 months til christmas and then hopefully I'm outta here! Brother in law came down for the long weekend, saw him for 2 hours in a pub on sunday after a massive ruckus over me constantly pissing of when family came down. It's a long story but Ess saw my mother in law's pre emptive strike by text on Thursday when she came down and it just escalated from there. Jack doesn't have any idea who my mother in law is despite the fact she lives spitting distance away, she's not set foot in my house since Easter and I won't go into the whys or wherefores but it's getting on my tits now. Why is it the other grandchildren are afforded grandparents who take an avid interest yet Jack is persona non grata?!! I think a lot of it is like it was with Stephen, mother and father in law are dark with brown eyes (though mil dyes her hair blond) Stephen came along with his white blonde hair and blue eyes and is a bit of an oddity in the family. The other grandchildren all have brown eyes and Stephen's nephew does have blond hair but you know it's going to go darker and because Jack is so different he gets treated like a bloody leper! A comment from my mother in law when Liam was born in June "well at least two of my daughters in law can have proper babies and two out of three ain't bad is it Alison" My mum was there and said she doesn't know what she's saying until she suffers the aftermath! Do I really want my son, well all three of my sons really, growing up around that attitude. I have said I will send Liam christmas and birthday presents but our relationship with his parents is unsalvageable, but it's not Liam's fault, not like my father in law, who broke of all ties with Stephen and has said he NEVER wants to clap eyes on his "scroat of a grandson" ever! But it just makes me feel sad when I hear other two year olds calling their grandparents by their appointed affectionate names and Jack has no idea, he's kind of getting to grips with who my mum is but she's not been too great in the past either but she spoils her grand children rotten when she can and has been much better since she split up with my stepfather of 18 years two months ago (a long story I won't go into!!).

This was supposed to be about Jack's haircut and it's turned into a rambling bitter whinge! I tried to post about Ess' visit last week but Blogger was having none of it. Here are a couple of pics

Oscar getting to grips with his new cup whilst his mum gets to grips with Ess!





Everybody Smile!!





Come on you can do better than that!!





Joe isn't sure about the big green pregnant woman (Sally) making all those funny faces and asks big sister Jade to call for help!!


Feeding time at the zoo - er, sorry, a nice quiet supper at Chez Al's

Jack as usual stripped of his nappy as soon as we got home, thought he might wait til everyone had gone but he has no shame, he's almost potty trained now, we just have to work on him getting it IN the potty! He won't go on the toilet, absolutely terrified of it and the number 2s are taking a bit of work but Rome wasn't built in a day and he won't be going to school in nappies so who cares if we have another couple of months of this, I'm in no rush to be cleaning up his pee of the toilet rim where he's aimed half a sleep and missed, it's bad enough cleaning up after the other three men in this family!

he had a strop when Joe and Jade and Ess had gone (Jack could play forever with other kids)and threw a picture of his brothers on the floor and smashed it, does a glass picture frame give the same bad luck as breaking a mirror?

Stephen goes permanent in his job on Friday and gets a company car, he asked for the allowance rather than the car as we have a brand new ibiza but he may as well sell that and not have to worry about insurance etc. He's getting a Vauxhall, now what my husband has to say about Vauxhalls is not worth repeating and he's been told he's getting a Vauxhall Ashtray (Astra!) he used to own a Corsa and he loved that (he actually sold that to Jackie, Jessica's mum before I met him - and she sold it on to the school secretary - small world!). He's not sure what he's getting, but he would prefer the Vectra and he knows that they are also used as company cars so fingers crossed. His money goes down dramatically as he's been charging contractor rates up to now of at least £1000 a week so I have to frantically start selling on Ebay!!

That's all folks, I have backache from sitting at the pooter waiting for blogger to upload the pictures!

4 Comments:

Blogger EG said...

Aww leave your MIL in her bitter sad own world and get your arses up here so we can do Trafford Centre and Ikea!!
I had no idea my kids had that sort of effect on people, but we did have a 'smashing' time! (Sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I didnt want you to cut his hair but he still looks lush. Ethereal is the perfect word. I've always thought he looked enigmatic and very very cute to boot.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Jack is as cute as ever, with or without the long locks - but LOL at sending him out with serum on his new 'do'! Did he mind you hacking away with the scissors, only I have to wait for LJ to go to sleep before I attempt it, he thinks I'm gonna chop an ear off or something!
The kids all look to have had great fun when you met up & I'm just a tad green at the thought of you & Ess gonna be doing the Trafford Centre on a regular basis! I LOVE THAT PLACE!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

Jack still looks as cute as ever. It's a shame about the relatives but at the end of the day they are the ones missing out on something special. You love your boys enough to make it up.
Good luck with the e-bay selling!
Bec x

Friday, September 01, 2006 1:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home