Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New Beginnings

I'm Loving - My handsome boys

I'm Hating - The state of my house - it looks like I've been burgled!!

I'm Looking forward to - The old man going away this weekend for 5 whole nights!!!!



Well today Daniel and Philip started secondary school. They took it in their stride, weren't in the least bit worried about it, apart from learning how to do a tie. They didn't go to school with one on, they get that today when they are sorted into their houses, fingers crossed the boys are the same house because otherwise sports day is going to be a bit different!!! It's cost me a fortune this secondary school lark, just for two blazers and two rugby shirts it's cost £130!!! The rest all adds up to a about £400, with £200 alone being spent on school shoes, footie boots and white trainers. What with France costing me £600 earlier in the year it's been a bloody expensive 6 months!!

Here they are in their uniforms, they look so handsome, I feel so incredibly lucky to have 3 heartbreakers (though in years to come it'll probably cause me nothing but grief!!).


Jack wanted in on the act too, after all it was his first day back at pre school today.


I left them at the school gates - it was uncool to go ANY further!! They went on quite happily, they were met by a chaperone and went of in a group of about 6 boys. They are luckier than most, because on days like this they have each other for support. Tomorrow they'll barely acknowledge each other in the corridor, but, for today at least, they will get on. And pssst don't tell anyone because Daniel gets VERY upset about this issue - Phil now has bigger feet than Daniel!!! The woman in the shoe shop joked that this meant Phil would be the taller of the two and Daniel, being Daniel, has taken this quite seriously and keeps puffing his chest out and standing up very straight when he's stood next to Phil. I'ts only half a size (they are a 6 1/2 and a 6 G) but to Phil this is a monumental accolade. The other good news is that there is a possibility that Daniel may not need his special needs help at school. Some of you may not be aware but Daniel has a condition called Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and although very mild on the spectrum scale (he leans towards autistic tendences rather than the autism itself)still needed help at school with social skills and his gross and fine motor skills (there is much more to autism than you think). He also has hypertonic muscle syndrome which means he's Mr Bendy but that has improved somewhat over the last year and it's believed this indicates that Daniel is about to hit puberty. The SENCO who used to work with Daniel thinks that he should be re assessed because she thinks he will be fine and we just have to accept that Daniel will always talk very loudly, scream like he's being slaughtered on occasion and be very particular about certain things and how they are done. So fingers crossed!!

Other news. Had to do an emergency dentist run on Monday and had a nerve removed from a healthy tooth, I've never known pain like it, I was in tears in the dentist and when I went there in the morning and he said he couldn't do the work until late afternoon I nearly fainted with the horror of having to go through another 6 hours of pain, but I went to Bromley to get last minute bits and pieces for the boys and a new suit for Stephen for his conference and saw my brother in law and sister in law, didn't say anything to them, but they had little Liam with them and I realised then that life was too short, and things had gone on for long enough and told myself I was going to get in touch with Caryn. As it happened, on my way to the dentist that afternoon she was getting a prescription from the chemist (she's a bona fide hypochondriac is Caryn and is ALWAYS ill despite being only 22). She usually just ignores me, even if we're in the same room, but she came and spoke to me and we got on really well and arranged for me to go and see Liam the next day. Agreeing that despite the brothers falling out we wouldn't let it affect the kids. Yet hours later, she cancelled. I'm not sure if the reason she gave was a real one or just because my brother in law has stamped his foot, but I was gutted, and now I have decided that I've made the effort now, the ball is in their court. As for my tooth, it's bliss, I have a dressing on it at the mo, and then at the beginning of October I will go back to have the nerve channel filled.

Effed of with my GP who when picking up a repeat prescription this morning has left a blood test form for me to go and get the usual run of the mill tests done to check my kidney function. This may not sound like a unwarranted request to many but to me it's him being his usual nosey self so he can call me in and "discuss" my "disease"!! All my bloods are done up at Kings College Hospital, the consultants prefer it that way because their equipment is so much more sophisticated than most hospitals, they were the ones who found out I was no longer rhesus negative but borderline because their equipment picked up traces in my blood that the other hospital hadn't. Not only that I only have one good vein left, 30 years of blood tests have taken their toll and my other veins have gone deep into hiding in my body. This vein endures blood test after blood test, iron injections etc and will be needed when it comes to me going on dialysis so I'm keen to preserve it. Told the doctor I'll get my bloods done at my next Kings appointment, which is next week (which I'm postponing because I have no one to look after Jack). It's nice having bloods done in the renal clinic because you get them done there and then, no ticket and waiting in pathology, you have your appointment with the doc then you go straight through for bloods, simple as that!

Mother and toddler group is back tomorrow, and I'm a one man band now, Jackie has a job and whilst she doesn't work thursdays is going to use that day to go to college because she's gone back to dental nursing but isn't qualified and you have to be. She hasn't got college sorted yet and I do feel a bit pissed of about being dropped in it like this, especially as I will have to cope on my own with the financial shortfall in the rent, but hopefully I can find someone else to take over Jackie's reins because I will only be running it til just after christmas and it would be a shame to close it down as this one is proving so much more popular than the last one.

Right, in the time it's taken me to write this since dropping Jack of I've already been up there and done his bum and come back again so now it's time to go back AGAIN and pick him up!!

2 Comments:

Blogger EG said...

Aww the boys look so grown up and so handsome!! Jade asked me this morning if she could go into school on her own, I was gutted!!

Perhaps you could ask the other mums at M&T group if they would help you run it?

E/x

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:17:00 AM  
Blogger Bec said...

They are looking very grown up and smart, bet you are so proud of your three handsome fellas.
Hope your hospital appointment goes ok next week and good idea from Ess re the playgroup helper!
Bec x

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home