Friday, October 13, 2006

Quick Catch Up

Been a month since I last posted - how bad is that?!!

It's been busy busy busy, we've had Jack cracking his head and rushing into hospital with mild concussion, Daniel loving rugby despite his muscle condition meaning he shouldn't really play it but he tries out for the rugby team on Monday's after school and I'm sure his turn will come soon. Daniel has also shot up quite alarmingly so recently, towering over his brother and now over 5 foot tall, his posture is trying to get to grips with his height so he looks a bit stooped at the moment but I'm sure he'll get there. Thankfully I'm tall so I don't feel too threatened just yet! His teacher is arranging for him to be re-assessed in terms of his autism, he doesn't see it but he probably has yet to see elements of Daniel's behaviour which give cause for concern. I'm certainly finding as he gets older his temper is getting worse and he's completely unreasonable. Maybe that's just an age thing, they will be teenagers in a year but I'm sure it's not normal for a child to scream like he's being slaughtered as Daniel does.

The move is on hold, Stephen may end up with a promotion in his job as his current boss doesn't know his arse from his elbow and that would mean more money and management skills which would enable him to set his sights a bit higher when we do come to move and he needs to look for a job. I've decided I'm probably going to resign from the Civil Service, there are no jobs available and they don't seem to keen too help me find one. I've applied for a job just 50 yards up the road from my front door as an administrator for a food brokers and I had an informal chat yesterday and have been invited back for a a formal interview next week Haven't even seen my CV yet, the minute I said I was a civil servant and managerial grade they wanted to see me! Competition is tough but at least it's practice after two and a half years in nappy wilderness!! Salary quite a bit less that what I was earning as a civil servant, they're prepared to offer me approx 20k or slightly more if I do get the job, so it's about 25-30% less but it's a small price to pay for a job within spitting distance of my front door. They seem keen on the fact that my ex husband works as the company secretary for one of their rival companies, almost as if they think they've nicked someone from over the enemy lines so to speak. But whilst I'm fairly confident, I'm not that optimistic, 2 1/2 years is a long time to have not been working. It's a full time job as well which is quite daunting but financially it's not always viable to go back part time when you have to pay extortionate childcare costs, which round here are approx 30-35 quid a day.

Jack finishes pre school two weeks after half term, I'm not happy with the nappy changing issue, Jack is fine at home but needs a pull up for when he's out and about and they won't change nappies and I'm constantly walking up there to do his bum. Silly that they take them from 2 years of age but won't change their bums. So he's going to start a proper nursery after christmas, 2 afternoons a week where accidents will be dealt with if they happen. Hopefully I shall have hte potty training issue sussed by then.

Er, what else. Been out getting legless a fair bit, crawling through the front door at around 3.30 in the morning. My days of getting away with that the next day are long since gone so I'm trying to curb my social life for the next few weeks.

OOOOOHH!! And I finally met my 4 month old nephew Liam yesterday. My sister in law brought him to my mother and toddler group and he's so like Jack in build and temperament. Wriggly yet permanently happy, never cries and doesn't like drinking his milk very much either, which I've had with two of my sons. Stephen and his brother are not yet speaking, it's been 10 months, but I think it's close to happening. I was a bit heartbroken to find out my father in law visits Liam at least once a week yet he's still not speaking to us and hasn't clapped eyes on Jack. I don't think my sister in law should have told me he dotes on Liam because it does anger me, to think that a grandfather can choose to spend a lot of time with one grandchild and not spend any with another and want nothing to do with him. It's heartbreaking, he has to go past our house to get to my brother in law's flat (my old flat) so I just can't understand how it doesn't even cross his mind that he could quite easily see the other one too if he really wanted to. I'm tempted to send him a photo in the post, I'm not sure if he would rip it up though, but I can't see what harm it would do. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Jack's been to a few parties recently, he went to a little girl called Elli's last week at Adventure Kingdom and she absolutely dotes on Jack, follows him around, hanging on his every word, she's just besotted with him - but Jack - well, he doesn't even know she exists, he has eyes for one woman only these days and that's Olivia and I do feel for Elli, but at least at her birthday party he wasn't perturbed by her joining him in the Thomas the Tank Engine ride.


That's all folks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

God, how gorg is Jack? No wonder he is a hit with the ladies!!
Stupid playgroup and the nappy issue!! How many two yr olds are totally potty trained? And in a new environment for them....you have to allow for accidents!
Good luck with the interview honey.
Lots of love Sxxxx

Friday, October 13, 2006 6:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh he really is so gorgeous that boy of yours! Looks older though after a month, more like a proper boy than a toddler.

Sounds like you've been super busy, Good luck to everyone who needs it!

Friday, October 13, 2006 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Bec said...

Have been wondering what you have been up to so good to catch up with you.
Jack is such a lovely little fella, don't blame the girls for swarming round him!
What a silly rule of the nursery. I'd do the same and put him in another one.
Take care
Bec x

Friday, October 13, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if we will be buying hats for Olivia & Jack's wedding in 20/30 years time?!?!
x

Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home